Walk/Bike Nashville's work would not be possible without the help of our community supporters, volunteers and board members. Here are three easy ways to join the movement!
Stay Up To Date
Become a Member
Since 1998, Walk/Bike Nashville has sought to make active transportation an option for Nashvillians, no matter where they live or where they’re trying to go. Nashville has made great progress, but we still have a far way to go. We can’t do it alone – we depend on our area pedestrians and bicyclists like you to continue our work and help spread our mission. Join Walk/Bike Nashville today to help us build a more walkable, bikeable, and liveable Nashville. For more information, click here.
Let your voice be heard! One of the best things we can do to support pro-walking and biking policies is to show up. Here are a couple of ways to share your voice with our city officials:
- Mayor's Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) -- The Mayor's BPAC meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every other month. Walk/Bike Nashville will always post a recap after each meeting on our blog, but the meetings are open to the public so feel to swing by yourself!
- Metro Budget -- Bike/ped funding is largely determined by our city's budgeting process. Learn more about our current budget here and be sure to attend the city council's budget hearings each May-June.
- Nashville's Transportation Plan -- Our city's transportation plan, Mobility 2030, is going to be updated soon as part of Nashville Next. Sign up for updates on the progress of the update and be sure to get involved in the public comment period.
- County-Wide Parks and Greenways Plan -- We all love walking and biking on our greenways! You can see the current plan here, but it is slated to be updated in 2015 so make sure you sign up for updates by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "subscribe".
- If you have additional questions about our city's transportation infrastructure, contact us!
Our work is dependent on the generous support of the Nashville community, so please consider making a donation here to help us continue our efforts!