Since 1998, Walk Bike Nashville has sought to make our city more walkable, bikeable and livable. We want our streets, sidewalks, and bikeways to support active living, additional commuting options, and recreational opportunities. We are a 501 c3, nonprofit organization that advocates for improved infrastructure and safer streets, and works to support a culture of walking and bicycling through events and educational programs.
Walk Bike Nashville is working towards a more walkable, bikeable, and livable Nashville for all, through education, engagement, and advocacy.
We envision a Nashville in which there is a culture of walking and bicycling where all people have the freedom, dignity and choice to move through a comprehensive and safe network of sidewalks, bikeways and transit routes. There are zero transportation deaths and no serious injuries. Our people and our environment are thriving.
Our Strategic Goals
- Reduce pedestrian and cyclist fatalities and serious injuries by increasing awareness and action while advocating for policies and infrastructure that reduce crashes
- Build a culture of walking and biking by providing programs, events, and advocacy that help all Nashvillians embrace active transportation
- Advance mobility justice to counter systemic inequity within our transportation system by prioritizing community-driven initiatives and programming to ensure all Nashvillians are able to get around without a car, regardless of age, ability, culture, race, or income
- Grow and diversify our member base to increase the number of people who are speaking about pedestrian and cyclist issues, while working towards a membership base that is reflective of Nashville
- Strengthen our organization by developing human and financial resources through staff development, board engagement, and fiscal responsibility
Community-driven: We are inclusive and collaborative, prioritizing the interests of the people who have the most at stake.
Imaginative: We are forward-thinking, creative, curious, and adaptable.
Accountable: We are committed to equity, justice, and sustainability. We take time to be reflective, allowing both data and lived experiences to guide us.
Kind: We are empathetic and perceptive. We actively listen and support each other.
Tenacious: We are bold and diligent, and embrace experimentation as we seek to remove barriers to mobility.
Do you like this page?