Since 1998, Walk Bike Nashville has sought to make active transportation an option for Nashvillians, no matter where they live or where they're trying to go. We want our streets, sidewalks, and bikeways to support active living, additional commuting options, and recreational opportunities. Our organization advocates for improved infrastructure and safer streets, and works to create a culture shift towards multi-modal transportation through events and educational programs.
Walk Bike Nashville is working to build a more walkable, bikeable, and livable Nashville.
We envision a Nashville with:
- People who are healthy, active, and joyful because of equal opportunities for active transportation.
- Neighborhoods that are linked to basic needs, open space, education, and employment through a comprehensive network of sidewalks, bikeways, and greenways.
- Natural resources that are protected by our transportation choices.
- ADVOCATE: It should be safe and easy to get around Nashville without a car. We advocate for infrastructure and policy to make our streets safer and more inviting to thsoe on foot or bicycle.
- EDUCATE: We help educate Nashvillians of all ages about how people on foot, bicycle and in cars can safely share the streets.
- EVENTS: We promote fun, meaningful events for walking and biking.