The Tour de Nash 2021, presented by LDA Engineering is scheduled for Saturday, May 15th!
This year's Tour de Nash will look a bit different in order to ensure every rider's safety amid the COVID-19 pandemic - please read about details regarding the event and public health guidelines below.
The 17th annual Tour de Nash, presented by LDA Engineering is Nashville's largest urban bike ride. Take on the City Tour (8mi), Local Tour (25 mi), or Grand Tour (45mi) to suit your riding style. Your paid registration includes a t-shirt and route support.
** Some of the above Tour de Nash photos were taken prior to the Covid-19 pandemic.
8, 25, and 45-mile ride options suitable for bicyclists of all skill levels
Scenic routes highlighting Nashville's neighborhoods, bikeways and greenways.
Rest stops featuring refreshments, bathroom facilities, and basic bicycle maintenance equipment available every 10-15 miles.
Every paid rider receives a t-shirt and ride number
What's Different for 2021?
There will be NO mass start, or finish festival/post-ride meal to lessen the chances of spreading the virus
Each rider will start the ride at one location which you select upon registration and will begin within their selected start time window, also selected within registration.
- Riders are REQUIRED TO BRING A MASK to wear at start locations, rest stops, and in the SAG van
ABSOLUTELY NO LARGE GROUP GATHERING allowed at any time
There will be no route security due to the dispersed nature of the riders on the route
Rest stops will have only individually packaged snacks and water for riders
- Volunteers at rest stops will be gloved and masked for everyone's protection
Bike tools and mechanical assistance will be available at rest stops
Day-Of Registration will NOT be available at the ride
- 2021 Tour de Nash City Tour (9-mile)
- 2021 Tour de Nash Local Tour (25-mile)
- 2021 Tour de Nash Grand Tour (45-mile)
- ** Note: Routes are subject to change at any time before May 15th, 2021. Please check the route the morning of the Tour de Nash for the latest version.
Parking: There will be ADA parking accommodations at each start location.
- Frankie Peirce Park: Please park in the parking spots directly in front of the greenway entrance on Lifeway Plaza. There will be spots blocked off for those needing special parking accommodations.
- Morgan Park (at 3rd Ave N): Please park in the ADA parking spots in The Axis Church parking lot. There will be spots blocked off for those needing special parking accommodations.
- Operation Stand Down: Please park in the ADA parking spots at Operation Stand Down/12th Ave Thrift.
Please email Jessica Rinne at [email protected] if you would like a ride buddy to ride with you during the Tour.
Thanks to The Domestiques Cycling Club we the 2021 Tour Trainers program! This program is designed to help you prepare for the 9, 25 or 45-mile rides. The custom-designed routes will increase in distance to help you prepare for your Tour de Nash ride on May 15th. There are two ways you can take part.
- Sign up to join one of the Tour Trainers rides with The Domestiques Cycling Club. These rides take place every Saturday morning at 9am, beginning April 3rd until May 8th. These no-drop group rides will prepare you to ride the 25 or 45-mile Tour de Nash routes by increasing in distance each week and helping you with safe riding techniques to make sure you feel ready for the TdN.
- Check out our custom-designed routes on the Walk Bike Nashville Ride with GPS page. Simply search "Tour Trainers" and we have some pre-designed routes that increase in distance and will take you all over the city to prep for the Tour de Nash. You can use these as practice routes before the Tour de Nash. If you need a brush-up on some road riding skills, check out our online educational video on our Youtube channel OR come to one of our educational classes or rides leading up to the Tour de Nash.
Where does the ride start and end?
To maximize safety, each route will have multiple start locations. You will select a start location when you purchased your new ticket. You will begin and end the ride from that location. All start locations will double as rest stops. This year's start locations/rest stops are:
When does the ride start?
There are 1-hour start windows from 6:00am - 10:00am. You will select one of these start windows when you register. Because of the Mayor’s Executive Orders, we will be limiting the number of people starting in one group. You will arrive at the starting location on your ticket and begin the ride any time in the start window for which you registered.
Where will I pick up my ride packet?
We'll have multiple times for you to pick up your Tour de Nash packet the week before the Tour. All packet pick-ups will take place at the Walk Bike Nashville Office (1 S 7th St, Nashville 37206). Similar to last year, packet pick-up will be a drive-through from the alley behind the Walk Bike Nashville office. Masks are required for packet pick-up.
You may pick up packets for friends and family. If you are picking up packets for additional riders, please be ready to tell us: their name, t-shirt size, which route they are riding, as well as which start location and time window in which they have registered.
Packet Pickup Dates and Times:
- Wednesday, May 12th: 10am-2pm
- Thursday, May 13th: 10am-2pm
- Thursday, May 13th: 4pm-7pm
- Friday, May 14th: 10am-2pm
Will there be route security?
There will be no security officers at intersections this year due to the spread-out nature of the ride. You must follow all rules of the road and behave as a vehicle in accordance with the law. You can watch this video to refresh yourself on some Bicycling Basics. Also, be sure to check our Events Calendar for upcoming bicycle classes before the Tour or join the Tour Trainers for some training rides before the TDN! (More about our Tour Trainers program coming soon.)
Do I need to wear a mask?
Masks are required at start locations and all rest stops.
What is included with my ticket?
We will provide a marked route, signage and cue sheet to help you navigate the route on the event day. You will also receive a rider packet that includes your ride number, t-shirt. Lastly, there will still be rest stops along the way with food, water, and a bike mechanic if you need one.
If I drive, where should I park the morning of the Tour de Nash?
- Frankie Pierce Park starting location: 500 11th Ave N parking garage, please DO NOT park in the Publix Parking lot
- Morgan Park (at 3rd Ave N) starting location: Street parking in Germantown
- Operation Stand Down starting location: Carter-Lawrence Elementary School parking lot, Edgehill Branch of the Nashville Public Library, or street parking in Edgehill Village
Will there be food?
Single serving snacks will be provided at rest stops, but there will be no post-ride meal this year.
Will there be water?
Water refills will be provided at all rest stops, but come with at least two bottles for yourself.
Will there be restrooms at the rest stops?
Portable restrooms will be available at MOST rest stops.
How do I navigate the route?
Markings for the route will be on the ground, but you can also print out a cue sheet if you wish or download the gps file from our website.
What if I need financial assistance in purchasing a ticket?
We want the Tour de Nash to be accessible for everyone! We have a free City Tour (8-mile) ride in which you can register. However, if you'd like to ride the Local Tour (25-mile) or the Grand Tour (45-mile), we have a Scholarship Form in which you can complete to get financial assistance for ticket costs. Please complete this form and a Walk Bike Nashville staff member will be in touch with you.
What if the Covid situation changes between now and May 15th?
We will be in touch with riders if there are any adjustments we can make to the start location or rider format. We want to ensure that everyone is safe and that the ride is fun!
What if I'm coming from out-of-town and I can't make your packet pick-up times?
We ask that if you have a friend also riding in the TDN or know someone that lives in town, then please have them pick up your packet for you. However, if there is no way for you to get your packet or have a friend pick it up, you can complete this form and we will work to get you your TDN rider packet.
Want some Walk Bike Nashville gear for the Tour de Nash?
Thank you to our Sponsors!