Nashville's network of bikeways and greenways is growing! Find recommended routes and maps below.
Slow Streets Locations
Metro Nashville Public Works and the Office of the Mayor have debuted 8 roads that are closed to thru traffic to allow for safe space to be out and active in the street. Take advantage of quiet roads and go for a stroll!
- N. 17th St. from Holly St. to McEwen Ave.
- 18th Ave. N. from Cass St. to 11th Ave. N.
- Bowling Ave. from Woodlawn Dr. to Whitland Ave. This location was removed from the program as of May 11, 2020.
- Grace St. from Joseph Ave. to Lischey Ave.
- Indiana Ave. from 51st Ave N. to 44th Ave. N.
- Oriole Place from Lone Oak Rd. to Shackleford Rd.
- Owendale Dr. from Kinwood Dr. to Mossdale Dr.
- Straightaway Ave. from Chapel Ave. to Porter Rd.
Kid-Friendly Bike Routes
*All routes are designed to be safe for family travel - some include road sections while others are completely car-free. There are no big climbs but some are more hilly than others. Take a look at the route before you go see if it's the right fit for your family.
Tour Trainers Routes
Stay on the bike while remaining a safe distance from others. This suite of routes is intended to get you ready for the Tour de Nash (2020 date TBD) and introduce you to Nashville's neighborhoods, bike infrastructure and greenways that are less-used.
The Groove The Groove is an innovative map of easy-riding routes across Nashville that interconnects neighborhoods and highlights comfortable cycling for all level riders. You can also pick up paper copies of the Groove at our office or at most bike shops.
Walking Routes to Schools
The links below will open new windows with a Google Maps overlay showing the sidewalks in the school zone. Use them to plan safe walking routes to those schools:
- Amqui Elementary school zone walking map
- Dupont Tyler Middle school zone sidewalk map
- Haywood Elementary school zone sidewalk map
- Shwab Elementary school zone sidewalk map