Since 1998, Walk Bike Nashville has worked to build a more walkable, bikeable, and livable Nashville. We seek individuals who are committed to making walking and bicycling more accessible, safe, and fun for all Nashvillians.
Walk Bike Nashville is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Questions related to job opportunities may be directed via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No positions currently listed.
Education Coordinator (20 hours per week)
We are seeking a part-time Education Coordinator to assist the Program Manager in:
- Overseeing and executing classes for Walk Bike University.
- Marketing and promoting classes through print, social media and other outlets.
- Organizing, inventorying and ensuring that class equipment is available and in good condition.
- Managing a team of volunteer instructors.
- Assisting with other WBN education programs (schools and business) as needed.
- Other programs and roles as assigned. Walk Bike Nashville is a small organization and all staff help with various elements of the organization’s work.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Experience with at least one of the following: Event planning and execution, adult education, bicycle and pedestrian education, public speaking, and/or volunteer management.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and comfort learning new software.
- Valid Driver’s License for carrying class equipment.
- Able to lift 25 pounds and work on your feet for several hours.
- Passion for promoting Walk Bike Nashville’s mission and adult education.
- Positive and energetic personality as public representative of Walk Bike Nashville.
- Organized individual with strong attention to detail and time management.
- Clear communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Independent and collaborative worker.
- Knowledge of the biking and walking community in Nashville.
- Experience in bicycle and pedestrian education.
- League of American Bicyclists League Certified Instructor (LCI).
- Fluency in Spanish.
Compensation and Work Hours
Compensation is $14/hour. Work hours will be flexible during normal office hours with an average 20 hours per week. Some weekends and evenings will be required, especially during peak Spring and Fall seasons.
- No positions currently listed.
The Walk Bike Nashville internship program strives to provide high quality hands on training and professional development related to nonprofits and active transit. Interns assist in various ways including, but not limited to, program and organizational promotion, special events and activities, Program development, implementation, and evaluation, graphic design, website development, and communications, and local, state, and national advocacy.
Through these experiences, we to provide interns the opportunity to increase awareness and knowledge of bicycle, pedestrian, and active transit impact on community wellness, network and work with diverse populations in the community, increase professional experience related to strategic planning, program management, and effective communications, and practice and develop leadership, presentation, customer service, and communication skills.
For more information, contact us!