Since 1998, Walk Bike Nashville has sought to make active transportation an option for Nashvillians, no matter where they live or where they're trying to go. We want our sidewalks and bikeways to support active living, additional commuting options, and recreational opportunities. We use a mix of educational programs focused on safety and skills, encouragement events for all ages and abilities, and grassroots advocacy to achieve our goals.
Walk Bike Nashville is working to build a more walkable, bikeable, and livable Nashville.
We envision a Nashville with:
- People who are healthy, active, and joyful because of equal opportunities for active transportation.
- Neighborhoods that are linked to basic needs, open space, education, and employment through a comprehensive network of sidewalks, bikeways, and greenways.
- Natural resources that are protected by our transportation choices.
Our core values guide the work we do as we seek to fulfill our mission.
- Collaboration, inclusion, and equity: we will work with diverse individuals, groups, and entities to define and meet common goals. Active transportation benefits everybody.
- Sustainability: in all realms, we should use available resources responsibly and cultivate them for future generations.
- Accountable Leadership: we will act as an established and respected voice on behalf of users of active transit.
Proud Members Of: