Wow, 2017 has been a busy. We've hosted over 40 free community classes, welcomed 1,200 riders to the 13th Tour de Nash, passed the landmark Sidewalks Bill, successfully advocated for $5 Million for Bikeways and $30 Million for Sidewalks, launched a pedestrian safety campaign, joined the Transit for Nashville coalition, and saw over 12,000 people attend Open Streets Nashville.
It's been a great year. And perhaps best of all, we've met so many new faces, families and advocates. But we still have a lot of work to do. Here's a couple of sobering stats that motivate us each and every day:
- Only 37% of our sidewalk network is complete
- 70% of Nashvillians do not feel safe riding on our streets
- A pedestrian is killed every 21 days (we've lost 19 people this year, killed while walking)
- Less than 1% of people commute by bicycle
- 61% of Nashvillians are overweight or obese
Between now and November 17th we're having an annual membership campaign and asking our supporters to renew their memberships, become sustaining members or join.
Will you step up to support Walk Bike Nashville so that we can continue to fight for better, safer streets! Thank you in advance for helping us ensure that there are better streets ahead.
Do you like this page?