Whether you need a new bike rack at your campus or the one you have is not anchored or in need of repair, use the step by step guide below to get safe and secure bike parking! Requests must be submitted by an MNPS employee who has access to the MyMNPS employee portal.
- Go to the MNPS website
- Enter the MyMNPS employee portal (link at the bottom of the MNPS homepage)
- Select the “Departments” tab
- Select “Facility Planning and Construction”
- Click “Request Alterations to Building/Property” – Here’s the link that will take you directly to this page: https://employee.mnps.org/page17449.aspx
- Fill out the information in the form in the last field of the form labeled “Funding Source”:
- If the PTO has raised the funds or if the school is paying for it out of their budget,the process will move more quickly because maintenance will have a project manager come to the school to help select a spot to place the bike rack, then they will install it.
- If the school is requesting a bike rack to be purchased with the district’s capital improvement budget, fill the request out the same way. There is no guarantee that there is money in the budget allocated to bike racks at the time of the request.