Celebrate Bike to Work Day in Nashville on May 16! As part of Nashville Bike Month
, Walk/Bike Nashville invites bike commuters, curious and seasoned alike, to meet up at several locations around town and ride with each other on their way to work. We'll be serving breakfast at the Public Square at 7:45 am to all bike commuters. Special guest Mayor Karl Dean will address the cycling public at the square. Grab a bagel and a cup of coffee at the courthouse on your way to work!
Below, find an interactive map of meetup points and meeting times. You can click the pins to see meeting times or refer to the text list below the map.
- Belle Meade @ Richland Creek Greenway Trailhead, White Bridge Road - 6:45 AM
- Bellevue @ HWY 70 Kroger - 6:15 AM
- Buena Vista Heights @ Buena Vista Park, 10th and Kellow - 7:15 AM
- Edgehill @ 12th and Edgehill Ave - 7:15 AM
- Chestnut Hill @ Johnson School - 7:30 AM
- Donelson @ Stones River Greenway Kohl's Trailhead - 5:30 AM
- Germantown @ Morgan Park - 7:30 AM
- Glencliff/Woodbine/Radnor @ Coleman Park - 6:45 AM
- Green Hills @ Green Hills Public Library - 6:45 AM
- The Gulch @ 12th Ave- 7:25 AM
- Hadley Park @ Hadley Community Center - 7:15 AM
- Hillsboro-West End @ St. Bernard Park- 7:15 AM
- Inglewood @ Riverside Village - 6:45 AM
- McFerrin Park - 7:15 AM
- Midtown @ Centennial Park- 7:15 AM
- The Nations @ West Park - 6:45 AM
- Public Square - 7:45 AM
- Shelby Bottoms @ Moss Rose Trailhead - 6:45 AM
- Sylvan Park @ Local Taco- 7:00 AM
- Trinity Lane @ Tom Joy Park - 7:00 AM
- Wedgewood/Houston @ Wedgewood Urban Gardens - 7:15 AM
- Woodlawn @ Woodmont Park - 6:45 AM
- 5 Points @ Eastside Cycles - 7:15 AM
- 12South @ Sevier Park - 7:05 AM
Why Bike to Work?
If your commute is bringing you down, consider biking to work. Ditching the car means less money spent on gas and auto maintenance and more time spent enjoying the great outdoors.
Bicycle commuting is also a great way to add activity to your day. A little bit of exercise in the morning helps you keep your energy level high throughout the day.
In addition to saving you money and providing you exercise, bike commuting is good for the planet. Cut your carbon emissions by switching to person power!
Perhaps most importantly, biking to work is fun! Bicycles are immune to traffic jams. Experience joy; ride your bike to work!