Celebrate Bike to Work Day in Nashville on Friday, May 15, 2015! As part of Nashville Bike Month, Walk/Bike Nashville, MTA and the Music City Star invite bike commuters, curious and seasoned alike, to meet up at several locations around town and ride with each other on their way to work. Visit the Nashville MTA, Music City Star booth to complete a short survey, and your next bus ride is on us! We'll be serving breakfast at the Public Square at 7:45-8:30am to all bike commuters. Special guest Mayor Karl Dean will address the bike riding public at the square. Grab a bagel and a cup of coffee at the courthouse on your way to work!
WHY BIKE TO WORK?
- If your commute is bringing you down, consider biking to work. Ditching the car means less money spent on gas and auto maintenance and more time spent enjoying the great outdoors.
- Bicycle commuting is also a great way to add activity to your day. A little bit of exercise in the morning helps you keep your energy level high throughout the day.
- In addition to saving you money and providing you exercise, bike commuting is good for the planet. Cut your carbon emissions by switching to person power!
- Perhaps most importantly, biking to work is fun! Bicycles are immune to traffic jams. Experience joy; ride your bike to work!
Thank you Sponsors!
The routes for the 2015 Bike to Work Day are shown below. Route stops are:
|Bellevue--Sylvan Park --Centennial||Two Rivers -- Shelby Bottoms|
|Bellevue Kroger||6:25 AM||Two Rivers SkatePark||7:05 AM|
|White Bridge Greenway||7:00 AM||Shelby Bottoms Nature Center||7:30 AM|
|McCabe Golf Course||7:10 AM||Wedgewood Houston|
|Centennial Park||7:30 AM||Wedgwood Houston||7:30 AM|
|Charlotte-- Marathon Music Works||TN Brew Works||7:40 AM|
|Richland Park||7:15 AM||Belmont -- Music Row|
|One City||7:25 AM||Redkite Bicycle Studio||7:15 AM|
|Marathon Music Works||7:40 AM||Athlete's House||7:25 AM|
|Buena Vista -- Germantown||Green Fleet Bike Shop||7:35 AM|
|Buena Vista Park||7:20 AM||Elmington -- Vanderbilt|
|Morgan Park||7:35 AM||Elmington Park||7:20 AM|
|Tom Joy -- Cleveland Park||Garland and 25th (Vandy)||7:30 AM|
|Tom Joy Park||7:30 AM|
|Mas Tacos Por Favor||7:40 AM|
|Yeast Nashville||7:50 AM|
|Inglewood -- East Nashville|
|Mitchell's Deli||7:20 AM|
|Portland Brew||7:35 AM|
|Eastside Cycles||7:45 AM|
|Yeast Nashville||7:50 AM|
Too Far to Bike?
Luckily all MTA buses now have bike racks! So if your ride in is a bit too far, check out the bus routes that serve each of our meet up spots. You can catch a bus (with your bike) to one of our meetup spots and ride the rest of the way in with the group!
|Bellevue—Sylvan Park---Centennial||Two Rivers|
|#3, #5||#34, #6, Music City Star|
|Charlotte – Marathon Village||Shelby Bottoms|
|#10, #50 #25||#4, #26, #56|
|Buena Vista-Germantown||Wedgewood Houston|
|#9, #29, #42||#1, #8, #37, #25, #12|
|Tom Joy- Cleveland Park – Woodland Street||Belmont – Music Row|
|#4, #20, #26, #56||#2, #21, #25|
|Inglewood – East Nashville||Elmington - Vanderbilt|
|#4, #20, #26, #56||#3, #5, #25|
- May 15, 2015 at 7am – 8:30am